- Sailboat Racing
- Plays Cello with the Suncoast Symphony Orchestra
- Guitar: acoustic and electric
- Travel Photography
- Model Making
- Sports Car Racing
- Cooking & BBQ
Jonathan brings not the most 'normal' background or approach to Landscape Architecture. Starting out as a hand draftsman working in design/build manufacturing plant and then on to PBS&J as a draftsman and then on into the Planning and Landscape Architecture department, brings a basic and solid understanding of office production and project management.
Working towards licensure in 1986, Jonathan worked with several well know Architectural Firms and Landscape Contractors in the Tampa Bay area, including Design Advocates, Inc.
Jonathan started Terra Tectonics in 1992, and had produced a wide range and variety of projects. Jonathan brings a solid understanding of local climate, environmental, aesthetic and economic issues, as well as a core understanding of project management, based upon experiences from similar projects.
Landscape architectural design is the on-going absorption of the project concept, the surrounding climate and environment, and the users’, both known and unknown, needs and desires.This is blended into a sweet lumpy soup of design ingredients that slowly congeals with tangible whiffs of a presentable form. Finding the proper way to communicate the blend of ideas is the challenge and pleasure presented to a Landscape Architect.
· State of Florida - Landscape Architect Registered - 1986 - FL LA0001123
· State of Virginia - Landscape Architect Registered - #428 - 1989
· International Society of Arboriculture - Certified Arborist - FL0498 - 2001
· Harvard Graduate School of Design Summer Executive Program - with Jones & Jones
Sustainable/ Ecological Design - 2001
· Low Impact Development (LID) Course - 2013
· USF - BA Fine Arts - Studies toward completion 1980
· AS Degree SPJC - Architectural Technology-1976